New York

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Mary Ann Thomas Mary Ann Thomas 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Meron Medhanie
    Meron Medhanie
    Keymaster

I want to avoid the tourist traps.

New Yorkers: Where do you hang out? What’s your favorite brunch spot, bar and spot to people watch?

Jackie
    Jackie
    Participant

Clinton Street Bakery, Shake Shack, Thai Jasmine Restaurant, Brother Jimmy’s, Carmine’s, The Halal cart at 31st and Broadway and you have to get a breakfast sandwich from a local deli!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Jackie Jackie.
    Tojuana Riley
    Tojuana Riley
    Participant

I love to people watch at Battery Park. There is a trail that goes along the water, and is rarely crowded. I second the Shake Shack recommendation, especially the Madison Square Park location. If you have a sweet tooth I recommend the carrot cake at Amy’s Bread. It is the best in the city. If doughnuts are your thing Doughnut Plant has great variety and my favorite is tres leche cake doughnut.

Rebecca Russell
    Rebecca Russell
    Keymaster

Brunch- Pies & Thighs in BK

Bar- Mulberry Project or La Esquina’s downstairs bar

Place to people watch- The MOMA

Mary Ann Thomas
    Mary Ann Thomas
    Participant

People watching, the 14th Street A/C/E during rush hour always has full on bands playing. Sometimes string quartets are playing upbeat tunes and selling their cd’s, there’s always someone playing horns downstairs. A lot of those busy subway stations–Union Square, too–are pretty awesome to be in during rush hour if you *aren’t* the one in a rush.

I always recommend the High Line, because even though it’s a tourist trap, it’s always changing. The  art and pop up overpriced coffee shops and sounds and plant-life…I think it’s always a good spot. Enjoy!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.